Makkah is the Arabic word for Mecca. also known as ancient Bakkah, is a city in western Saudi Arabia, situated inland from the Coast Of the red sea in the Ṣirāt Mountains. Makkah is the holiest of Muslim cities, where our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), was born. It is toward this religious center that Muslim people turn 5 times daily in their prayers (observe Qibla direction). All devout and able Muslims visit Makkah to perform hajj at least once in their lifetime and Umrah at any time. It is permissible for only Muslims to enter the city due to its religious significance and sacredness.
Indeed, we have awareness about Makkah’s history, culture, and location, however, there are some amazing facts about Makkah that only a few people are aware of, such as;
- Makkah is the world’s oldest and best-known inhabited city. As the ZamZam well is thought to be about 4,000 years old.
- The Black Stone (Hajr-E-Aswad) has not always been present in the Haram Shareef. The Qarmatians stole it in 930 AD and brought it to Eastern Arabia with them.
- There are several areas in Makkah that do not fall within the boundaries of Haram Shareef.
- No Islamic empire ever made the city their capital. On the other hand, Muslim rulers made regular contributions to its maintenance.
- In modern English, the term “Mecca” refers to any location that attracts a huge number of people.
- The Masjid Al-Haram area is lower than the rest of the city, serves as the city’s center point. This has historically made it susceptible to flash floods.
- The Prophet Mohammad’s (SAWW) city is Madinah, but he spent the majority of his life in Makkah. He lived in Makkah for around 50 years.
- Masjid-E-Haram is the most expensive building in the entire world, according to the British newspaper named “The Telegraph”. It was built at a cost of $100 billion in total.
- The world’s highest prayer room is in Makkah. The Makkah Clock Royal Tower Hotel has a small prayer room that is 600 meters above the level of the sea and is known as the world’s highest prayer room. It has a maximum capacity of six persons to pray at a time.
- The Holy Kaaba had one window and 2 doors; one for entering and one for exiting. But now, the Holy Kabah has only one door and there are no windows.
- Holy Kabah is covered with a black protective cover on which Quranic Verses are written with gold strings. However, many years ago, Holy Kabah had multi-colored coverings, including red color as well.
Makkah is more than just a historical place. It is a sacred place where Muslims from all over the world come together and become one, regardless of race, color, nation, standard, or wealth. Therefore, if want to visit this holiest & spiritual place then Muslims Holy travel strive to provide you the best & affordable May Umrah Packages 2022 with lots of facilities including Ziyarat.